By accessing this Website, you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia in all disputes arising out of such access.
If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms continue to apply.
My failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions is not a waiver of such provisions and does not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions: “member,” “visitor,” “you,” and “your” refers to you, the person accessing this Website and accepts the se terms and conditions. “Me” and “I” refer to the Website owner.
I am committed to protecting your privacy.
- Only the Website owner may use information collected from members or individual visitors.
- This Website does not collect and store any personal financial information.
I will investigate any attempt to gain unauthorized access to personally-identifiable information with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
The opinions expressed by content authors and contributors to this Website are solely those of the individual writers and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Website owner, the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club, its leaders, or volunteers.
References to any specific commercial firm, commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, do not constitute or imply any endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club, its members, or its leadership.
Member records are confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, unless I am legally required to do so to by appropriate authorities. The Site Owner will not sell, share, or rent the membership list or any personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any e-mail sent by the Website owner will only be in connection with official transactions, such as site status notices, member registrations, or query responses.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this Website is provided on an “as-is” basis.
Unless otherwise stated, the content featured on this Website is intended for personal, recreational use of visitors and to promote the activities of the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club in the South District of Shenandoah National Park. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any content available through this site.
I use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to administer the site. IP addresses are not linked to personally-identifiable information. No personally-identifiable information is or will be used in any way different to that stated here without your explicit permission.
This Website uses “cookies” to differentiate between visitors and to control the use of data. Non-registered site visitors, for example, are not allowed access to the members list or to use functions allocated specifically to registered site members, such as the ability to write and publish content.
When you login to this site, the system places a cookie on your computer that authenticates you as a registered member; however, the cookie only identifies the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or laptop. The cookies used by this Website do not record your name, address, phone number, or any other personal information. This Website does not allow you to make this cookie “permanent.”
SouthShenandoah does not, and will not, use tracking cookies.
Content & Comment Submissions
If you provide a comment, review, article, or other content, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are the author of the content and have the right to grant this license; and (b) the content does not infringe any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right of any other party. Additionally, you grant this Website a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive and limited license to reproduce, edit, publish, translate, and distribute that content in any medium whatsoever.
Anyone is welcome to submit comments to articles published on SouthShenandoah. Registered members can submit articles, documents, and images to be published on this Website. Inclusion is at the sole discretion of the site owner. Content must:
- Not be of an adult or sexually explicit nature.
- Not be libelous, defamatory, fraudulent, misleading, or that otherwise violate the legal rights of others (such as the right of privacy).
- Not promote or engage in illegal activities, including (without limitation) infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any other party.
- Not violate or attempt to violate the security of this Website, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the software, servers, or networks servicing SouthShenandoah.
- Not contain any viruses, harmful code, or other computer software or program that may damage or adversely affect the functionality of this Website or impair others’ ability to use this Website.
- Not attempt to use this Website to send unsolicited e-mails (spam).
- Not include links that result in redirection to an alternative URL.
- Not imply in any way that inclusion in this Website constitutes endorsement by this Website owner or the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club.
- Be in English.
- Not be used to promote ideological, religious, or political agenda.
- Be accurate. The Website owner reserves the right to remove any content that he believes is out of date.
- Be authored by the submitting individual on her or his own behalf.
Additionally, authors must:
- Ensure that the domain name of the contact e-mail matches that of the resource.
- Not impersonate any person or entity.
- Not misrepresent an affiliation with another person or entity.
If I identify a submitted comment as spam, I will permanently ban the IP address of the author and notify the appropriate Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you believe that any comment or article violates any rule, please contact the Site Owner.
If you create a link to this Website, you do so at your own risk. The exclusions and limitations set out above apply to your use of this Website by linking to it.
In-line linking, or “hot linking,” images or objects from this Website to another Website without the express permission of this Website owner is prohibited.
Links from this Website
You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them.
All trademarks or registered trademarks are copyrights of their respective authors or, when authorship is not declared, by the Website owner. Information published on this Website may be downloaded or copied only for personal, noncommercial use. All content on this site remains the intellectual property of the site owner or the attributed authors and may not be otherwise reproduced or published without the express permission of the property owner.
Changes to this Policy
I reserve the right to change these conditions from time to time as I see fit. Your continued use of the site will signify your acceptance of any adjustment to these terms. You should re-read this statement on a regular basis.
Submitted content that violates one or more of the standards listed above will not be published on the SouthShenandoah Website.
The Website owner reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of comments submitted to this Website to determine compliance with these rules. I will act as described above against any comment that conflicts with the rules, as determined solely by me.