- We provide safety helmets to wear while working—you must wear the helmet provided while you work
- When the crew leader calls for a break, it’s probably not because he’s tired—stop work and rest
- Remember that tools designed to dig soil & cut wood will cut you and others
- People have a tendency to cluster as they work—keep a safe distance between yourself and the next person
- Bring a personal first aid kit—the stuff you bring can augment the crew’s first aid supplies
Know Yourself and Your Needs!
- If you are taking medicines, bring them with you & tell the crew leader
- If you have any medical condition, such as diabetes, tell the crew leader
- If your doctor has advised you against doing something—don’t do it
The crew leader strives to ensure the safety of the group, but you must do your part. Too many things can go wrong—and go wrong quickly—to ignore safety.
You are personally responsible for your personal safety.