The crew leader strives to ensure the safety of the group, but you must do your part. Too many things can go wrong—and go wrong quickly—to ignore safety.
- We provide safety helmets to wear while working—you must wear the helmet provided while you work
- When the crew leader calls for a break, it’s probably not because he’s tired—stop work and rest
- Remember that tools designed to dig soil & cut wood will cut you and others
- People have a tendency to cluster as they work—keep a safe distance between yourself and the next person
- Bring a personal first aid kit—the stuff you bring can augment the crew’s first aid supplies
- If you are taking medicines, bring them with you & tell the crew leader
- If you have any medical condition, such as diabetes, tell the crew leader
- If your doctor has advised you against doing something—don’t do it
You are personally responsible for your personal safety.