How Can I Signup With This Website?
These steps show you how to establish and register your member account with SouthShenandoah, the Website for maintainers of the Appalachian Trail in the South District of Shenandoah National Park and those who tramp the Trail.
- Click Sign Up icon at the top of the web page.
- The Registration form appears in the main body of the site.
- Enter the information asked; the fields that are required are marked by an icon like an exclamation; other icons tell you whether the information you enter will be displayed in your profile that other site members can see.
- You can protect some data fields from the view of other registered members by selecting the appropriate Privacy level from the drop-down list.1
- You must agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click the Sign Up button to complete your registration.
Confirm Your Account
- You will receive an auto-generated e-mail asking you to confirm your account registration.
- We ask this to ensure that Spam bots have not attempted to register an account so that Spammers can send spam to all registered members.
- This also helps protect our Website from being taken over into yet another bot-net and used for illegal purposes.
- Click the link provided in the body of this e-mail message to confirm you registration.
- Your browser will open to our Website and display a message.
- You will receive an auto-generated e-mail message after the Webmaster sets up that shows the details your account.
- You’ll also receive a “Welcome” message affirming the details of your new account and inviting you to login.
- When you login to SouthShenandoah, the site will open your account Profile.
- Take some time and go through the various tabs to make certain the information there is correct.
- You will find more help regarding your Profile under FAQs | Profile FAQs.
1The Site Administrator can access these data.